Saturday, September 7, 2013

I fell of the face of the earth

Pretty much.  It's been one of the crazier and more stressful summers of my life...that's for sure.  Well, for starters, baby number 2 decided to make HER debut 5 weeks and 2 days early.  What I thought were really bad Braxton Hicks contractions turned out to be - oops - really labor and I ended up arriving at the hospital 10 centimeters dilated and involuntarily pushing in the car.  Bigger oops.  Long story short, Devon Rebecca then gave us 5 weeks of ups and downs in and out of the NICU until she finally came home on July 19th, her original due date!  Knock on wood we're finally all getting back to a normal routine and she's the sweetest, most precious addition to the fam (not that I am the slightest bit biased).


As Vickie has well documented 2 and 3-year olds have some adjustment issues when their younger siblings arrive.  Actually, "some" might be an understatement.  We're doing much better now but for a month or so there was an epic tantrum at least every 20 minutes and I may have locked myself in the bedroom closet on more than one occasion while praying for patience and sanity.  Wait, that was last night actually.  God answered my prayers in the form of preschool, which has been a much-needed break for all of us I think.  And Audrey loves her little sister so much, I know she's going to be the best big sister in the years to come.


And now it's on to battle the bulge for me.  I have to concur with Vickie that the weight isn't melting off quite as quickly the second time around.  So I'll be braving the 100+ heat with my jog stroller and hoping I can make it more than halfway around the block without passing out.  Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment