Sunday, November 20, 2011

Glider

Yes, I'm still here.  Rough week.  Since I like to do things backwards, I decided to finally decorate Audrey's room when she was about 14 months old.  This was because I a) finally had time b) was secretly jealous of the cute room my friend here did for her daughter and c) feeling lame/guilty that my child was over a year old and I hadn't bothered to get even a single piece of artwork for the walls. 


I really need to stop going into Michael's and Hobby Lobby because for some reason whenever I do I get amensia, forget that I don't have a crafty bone in my body, and get the ridiculous idea that I can do things like re-cover gliders or sand and stain IKEA particle-board bookcases.  (And the bookcase has been collecting dust in the hallway for a month.)  Anyway, I decided to push on with re-covering the glider, mostly because it's navy blue and really throwing off my pink, orange and green color scheme.  Us type-A's like everything 'just so.'  I decided on this fabric and of course ordered too little I see, once I spread it out on the floor and started working. 
Nevertheless I forced the hubs to help me re-cover the ottoman tonight since that is by far the easiest part and at least makes me feel like I have half a chance of ever doing the rest.  Here's the before:


And the after:


Not bad, right?  Just don't look underneath :)


Check back next year and I may have even done a cushion or two (*gasp!*).  And who knows, maybe I'll have the whole thing done by the time Audrey's off to college...

No comments:

Post a Comment