Saturday, June 2, 2012

It's so quiet

I keep thinking I am hearing T make noise on the monitor. But I'm not -- because my house is completely quiet.

The hubs packed up T mid-day on Friday and they headed on a roadtrip down to Grandma & Pop-Pop's house. For the whole weekend. Chris had Texas sounding things to do like set up deer blinds, shoot guns, and hang on his family's ranch property, which is a couple of hours down the road. So, he brought T with him so that T could have some quality time with his parents.

I've been by myself since I got home from work last night. That is more than 24 hours of solitude as we speak. Really.

Aside from the fact that I keep startling myself to the present by freaking out thinking I've forgotten T somewhere (Like the car! I have a crazy, unnatural fear of doing this), left the house without him, or hear phantom crying on the non-existent monitor - it's been amazing.

I realized that this is the first time that I've been BY MYSELF overnight since before T was born. Now, yes, I've been on my trips to NY and DC which I guess kind of count, but I don't count them because well, I was staying with friends, so I wasn't technically alone. I am totally, completely, and heavenly alone.  I think I'm going to sleep in the middle of the bed tonight. And make myself stay in it until at least 9am tomorrow. Remember those days, when 9am was early?!

Not to say I don't miss the kiddo or the hubs. I do. But the me-time....it's nice.

And yea, quality me-time here doesn't suck!


No comments:

Post a Comment