Friday, August 30, 2013

I'm over it.

Having this extra baby weight, that is.

Baby P is now almost 7 weeks old. I know that's not much in the whole scheme of things and I may have a faulty memory from the first time around, but I seem to think that losing the baby weight was easier last time.

Truthfully, I haven't started dieting yet (after this weekend, it's on!). But I don't think I had at this point after T either. I figure I was probably getting more exercise and walking more with T at this point as well - which is a bummer because I'd gladly do it, but if I don't get outside before 10am, it's a hundred zillion degrees. I haven't had any baby blues this time around - which is fabulous and I'm certainly not complaining -- but the only thing that gets me down is looking in the mirror and seeing the extra 20 pounds I'd like to lose in the next 5 days. Oh, and trying on my pre-prego shorts and wondering if they will EVER fit again and not feeling hopeful about it.*

I'm terrified that I'm going to go somewhere without P and someone is going to ask that dreaded question: "When are you due?" And then I might just have to stomp on their foot and run off screaming. And then go home and burn my scale.

So yes, I'm bummed that I'm still fat. And still looking a little pregnant. And I'm totally and completely over it.

*Confessional: I've been trying on my pre-prego shorts since like day 7 after giving birth, when I had such a great parenting day that I thought "surely, this day is going so well that I should just try on my shorts and see if -- for giggles -- they fit. They didn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment