Friday, May 10, 2013

Consent Forms

I signed my life away this week in the hopes of having a successful VBAC with this kiddo.  My doctor got me all pumped that everything is looking good so far (yay!) and that I have a good chance of making this happen (double yay!) and then he told me to read and sign this consent form:

__ VBACs have approximately a 70% success rate [initial if you have read and understand]

Well great!

__ Or, you might die [initial if you have read and understand]

Hmm...

__ A VBAC will require a shorter hospital stay than a c-section [initial if you have read and understand]

That sounds good

__ Or, your baby might die [initial if you have read and understand]

Well, now, hold on a minute...

__ A VBAC will result in a quicker recovery time than a c-section [initial if you have read and understand]

Sweet, sign me up!

__ Or, your uterus might explode like Tori Spelling in which case both you and your baby might die [initial if you have read and understand]

Uh...

So I signed the c-section consent form too, just in case.

And because I failed my glucose test and am back on my torturous low-carb/low-sugar diet, here's a yummy breakfast-on-the-go smoothie recipe I've been making: 

Banana and Peanut Butter Smoothie

Ingredients:

- 1 banana, cut up
- 1 tablespoon organic creamy peanut butter
- 3/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or whatever liquid you want)
- 2 tablespoons vanilla whey protein powder (or whatever protein powder you want)
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 1-2 cups of ice, depending on how thick you like your smoothies

Directions:

Blend everything together.

By using almond milk and vanilla protein powder you can really reduce the sugar (there's a little in the peanut butter and banana) and I find the smoothie plenty sweet this way.  A good treat for kids too!






No comments:

Post a Comment