Thursday, October 20, 2011

Wagons

Yesterday we ventured out to the Fort Worth Zoo and it was crazy-packed.  I should have figured as much but for some reason I thought going at 3:00 p.m. would spare us the crowds.  That would be a no.  Audrey spent most of the time running wild, getting knocked over by strollers, and generally ignoring every animal we tried to show her.  I made the hubs chase after her while I tried to soothe my migraine with over-priced water ice (#fail).


Anyway, as we were enjoying all this family fun I noticed that every other person at the zoo was pulling their kids around in a wagon.  As in, those big plastic red wagons, you know the ones I'm talking about?  Or the more traditional wooden ones with slats and a metal base.  I thought I was having deja-vu after seeing the exact same thing at the Aquarium about a month ago.  What is up with that?  Is this some kind of TX thing?  This is definitely not something I remember seeing on the East Coast, except maybe here and there on a sidewalk in a cul-de-sac.  And I couldn't help thinking - is it really practical?  I saw several parents trying to maneuver them up and down stairs (usually by asking all the kids to get out, walk up/down the stairs, and then pile back into the wagon) and in general they just look heavy and bulky.  I'm thinking I'll stick with a stroller but feel free to enlighten me, fellow Texans.    

No comments:

Post a Comment