Friday, October 26, 2012

Mr. Froggy

Every day around noon I take Audrey and our dog on a walk around the neighborhood.  Because Audrey refuses to sit in a stroller these days she walks too and therefore what should be a 20-minute stroll usually takes about an hour.  She spends most of the time picking up sticks, acorns, and leaves while also managing to step in whatever dog poop is within a 2-mile radius.  Yes, the whole experience is about as awesome as it sounds.

Anyway, we always walk by this house that has a big ceramic frog planter out front.  Audrey naturally thinks this is a real frog that she can have elaborate conversations with.  I have no idea who lives in this house but I seriously hope they don't mind my child manhandling their yard decoration 5 days a week.  Here is the unsuspecting frog:



As soon as we get to the house, some version of this conversation takes place -

Audrey: "Hi froggy!  I'm here now!  It's okay!  Your dad will be home soon!  Do you want to kiss me froggy?  [Kisses dirty nasty freaking ceramic YARD frog]  Do you want a hug froggy?"

Here's the makeout session in action:



After about 5 minutes of this I try to get her to say her goodbyes so we can move on and I start walking.  I usually turn around to see her running back to the frog shouting, "One more hug froggy!  See you in a few weeks froggy!" and then another 5 minutes of kissing and hugging ensues.

The thing is, it's so freaking cute.  And sweet.  In fact, that's why I'm blogging about it.  So I can remember these random cute things that my 2-year old does because God knows my mommy brain won't.  As to whether or not we'll be getting a large ceramic frog for our front yard, I'm thinking no.  Santa doesn't do yard animals or anything in the "gnome" realm.  And so we'll just continue mooching off the neighbors.  I'll have to get them a Starbucks giftcard or something.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment