Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Free stuff this weekend

A few weeks ago I attended a seminar about educational and fun stuff to do with your kids in the Dallas-Fort Worth area.  I don't usually attend these types of events but this one was free and I was semi-guilted into it by some moms in our playgroup.  It ended up being a great talk so I'm glad I went. 

Anyway, the speaker definitely opened my eyes to the fact that I have NO clue how much awesome stuff there is to do with your kids around here.  And best of all a lot of it is free and is going on nationally so if you're looking for something to do this weekend, read on! 

Home Depot

I must be living under a rock because I had no idea that Home Depot (Lowe's too I believe) does free kids' workshops on the first Saturday of every month from 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.  The kids make and take a different craft each month, learn how to work with tools, and get their very own orange Home Depot apron to take home (how awesome is that???)  October's craft was a firetruck, November was a Thanksgiving-themed napkin holder and this Saturday's craft is a holiday picture frame.  Hello grandparent gifts!


Bank of America/Merrill Lynch

If you bank at Bank of America or have a Merrill Lynch credit or debit card, you can get free admission to more than 150 museums, zoos, botanical gardens and science centers nationwide on the first full weekend of every month by presenting your card at the location.  To see what museums participate in your city go to this website and select your state: http://museums.bankofamerica.com/  This is an awesome deal because I know some of the museums here in Dallas cost $15 a person to get in so even for our little family of 3 that's a big savings.



Showtime Saturdays at the Mall

You'll have to check your local mall on this one but one of the primary malls in Dallas has magicians, musicians and comedians performing a kids' show every Saturday at 11:30 a.m. for free.  Each show is different and takes place in the play place adjacent to Nordstrom.  **Awesome idea: get the hubs to tag along, leave him at the show with the kids and sneak into Nordstrom for a little solo shopping, or even just a latte.  Sounds like a plan to me.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment