Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Tabata

I've started taking this class at the gym called Tabata and it just about killed me the first day.  I'm that person in class who makes everyone else feel better about their own fitness level and skill, you know what I mean?  Even worse is that I took the class with a new friend who's been going for a while and I think by the end she was thinking, "um, can I have a new partner?" as I could barely crank out one push-up, let alone 8 sets of 20!  Apparently I missed the part of the class description that said "advanced" and "not for wimps like you."  I'm also now officially old since I could barely get out of bed the next morning.  It's sad when you start to understand what your parents meant when they complained about getting old and now you're knocked out for 2 days after a 1-hour exercise class.  The good thing is that this experience has motivated me to get into better shape because I'm vain and don't want to keep getting my butt kicked by the 50+ year old dads in class.  And secretly I need to keep up with the other moms who are in great shape and only feed their kids organic food while I ply mine with Goldfish and Goya cookies to keep her from getting kicked out of childcare.  And yes, some days that counts as "lunch."  Shh, don't tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment