Friday, December 23, 2011

Travel

The big day is finally here!  Our first international trip with Audrey.  I wish I could say I were excited but truthfully I've been dreading this day since we booked the tickets 2 months ago.  This is a long trip.  3 flights.  2 layovers.  Pretty much 24 hours in total.  And a 10-hour time difference on the other end.  And Audrey came down with a nasty cold this week and has been up every night screaming from 10:00 pm to 3:00 am, so that's awesome.  I'm writing this post to avoid figuring out what to bring for her on the plane.  Because it really doesn't matter what I bring, she'll have zero interest in all of it and want to run up and down the aisle instead.  The last time I flew with her I made the mistake of packing every "quiet" toy and book I could find, only to have my carry-on stuffed so full the attendants made me store it in the overhead bin rather than under the seat.  And with Audrey on my lap the whole time and my hands full that meant I could get things out of the bag, oh, pretty much never.  So that was a huge fail.  Instead I ended up passing her off to the Indian woman sitting in the row behind me who gave her a smurf toy and made origami cranes.  Since I can't locate that woman to bring her along this time, I'm trying to be more realistic in my packing.  And since it's the holidays I'm going to stop being negative, stop complaining and remind myself  that I'm lucky we get to travel at all.  Somehow we'll get through this, right?  How much alcohol can you buy on the plane? 

Just kidding. 

Sort of.

No comments:

Post a Comment