Friday, September 28, 2012

Florida

I know my two loyal blog readers have been wondering where I am lately, but fret not you two, I'm back!  We took a little mini-vacation to Ft. Lauderdale with some friends and it's taken me a few days to get back into my normal routine.  Even though we were only gone for 4 days, traveling in general - especially with a toddler - really throws me off.  Coming home to mountains of laundry, no food in the fridge, and a filthy house doesn't help. 

Anyway, the weather gods did not bless us on this trip but we still had a great time.  We landed to pouring rain and promptly headed straight for the pool bar to congratulate ourselves on surviving:

- 1 take-off temper tantrum
- 2 in-flight poops of epic proportions
- the general attitude problem of every American Airlines employee I have ever encountered in my entire life
- and that Haitian dude at the airport who tried to snatch our luggage and scam us into taking his fake cab God knows where


Audrey had a little friend on this trip and can I just tell you how cute 2-year olds can be?  My ovaries were exploding the entire trip, I swear.  They were like an old married couple that just happens to be 2 feet tall and run everywhere rather than walk.  For starters, they hold hands constantly (OMG, loves it).  If one sneezes the other one says, "bless you!" and then the sneezer replies, "thank you!"  And then one punches the other in the face.  But still, super cute until the punch, right?  Here they are looking at the airplanes:


On this trip I also discovered that sleeping in a king-size bed every night literally might change my life.  The improvement in my sleep was so shockingly apparent that I've told the hubs we will have to sacrifice Audrey's college education if need be to save up and buy a king-size bed.  Bed-hogger that he is, the hubs thinks I'm being dramatic and ridiculous, but he's not the one waking up 56 times a night so I am going to make this happen one way or another.

I'll close with my awesome parenting beach tip from this trip.  If you keep losing track of your kid on the beach because you're too busy gawking at the guy running by in a banana sling/g-string/whatever the heck it's called (true story) just bury him/her in the sand and viola, problem solved.  You're welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment