Steps I’ve taken so far:
- I bought a book for me. However, I got sucked into Gone Girl and then into a Witch/Vampire “Harry Potter for adults” book, so I’m only on page 10 of the educational one.
- I bought a book for T. It’s Sesame Street. Of course. (I did think I was ordering Elmo, but alas, it was Ernie instead)
- I bought an on-the-seat potty. T appears terrified of it. Unless it’s on the ground. Then he likes to hold it up to his head and say “boo.”
- I bought a regular potty. T is not terrified of the little potty, although so far, he refuses to sit on it. Even in clothes. He much prefers to stand with his feet in the bowl.
- I signed up for a potty-training class. More for the social aspect of going with a friend, but some expert tips might not hurt.
Things that terrify me?
- Splash guards for toddler boys. Uh, gross.
- Driving with a newly potty trained kid in the car. Portable potties? Double gross.
- Shopping with a newly potty trained kid in a mall. Since I will NOT be these people.
- Leaving the house with a newly potty trained kid. Ever.
Is it terrible to hope that my kiddo’s daycare does most of the training for me?