Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Preschool: Part 2

So, preschool update - we got in!  Yes, we fought the masses and got Audrey a spot.  Actually, the hubs spent the night in the school parking lot for 10 hours when we realized people were lining up at 9:30 p.m. THE NIGHT BEFORE to register (seriously people??) and we officially joined the crazies.  Before you think I'm a terrible wife for making him do that, I will add that I did offer to spend the night in the parking lot myself.  However, the hubs kindly pointed out that I could be jumped/car-jacked/attacked while alone in a parking lot all night and even though I didn't think that was very likely, all I could think about after that was being jumped/car-jacked/attacked - so I stayed home.  And I wasn't totally let off the hook.  Audrey likes to wake up at 2:30 a.m. on the dot every night and scream bloody-murder-someone-is-breaking-into-my-room-to-kidnap-me for about 10 minutes, so, I dealt with that instead.

Now I have until September to grow a pair and get used to the fact that my baby is OLD ENOUGH FOR SCHOOL - when did that happen???  Even if it is only 2 half-days a week.  And yes, this whole thing was my idea but I'm still giving myself permission to have mixed emotions about it.  God help me when she goes to college kindergarten.

No comments:

Post a Comment