- Amazing and snoring-free night's sleep(s) in the center of the bed (after curling up with the Kindle for a good read).
- The Little Gym acrobatics where T and I run ourselves silly before fabulous simultaneous and lengthy morning naps.
- Hearing lots and lots of little man giggles.
- Lots of quality Grandma & Grandpa time, including time at the mall where I could find the perfect sundress to kick off the "spring" season (because March = spring) and get T some new spring shoes.
My reality for the weekend =
- Fast-moving virus and ear infection starts to show post-daycare, pre-bedtime. Enter green snot and sneezing with Friday's dinner.
- Forgot to charge the Kindle. Snoring-free night's sleep interrupted with T crying and coughing in his sleep all night long due to arrival of T's new ickiness.
- The Little Gym acrobatics replaced by pediatrician visit. Ear infection confirmed. Dual nap replaced by pharmacy visit for antibiotics.
- Where did my giggley toddler go? He was replaced with a persnippity, not-feeling-so-hot kiddo who refused to nap. Stinks.
- Lots of Grandma & Grandpa time = accomplished. Lucky for him, they still find him cute, even when he's cranky and nap-less. My spring shopping = not accomplished. (Though T managed to get a couple pairs of shoes (including these, in grey, love.) out of the deal. Toddler impatience and mommy's indecisive gene = decision to just buy it and move on before public green-snot meltdown).
The good news? Momma has been in her PJs since 8pm today and took a Melatonin with some ice cream for her evening of US Weekly & Psych and the couch. It's an hour past T's first sleep-cry of last night and the monitor is still silent (ahhh, don't jinx it, don't jinx it!)....Maybe the antibiotics are already kicking in and we'll have a great Sunday on the heels of a good night sleep afterall? Keep your fingers crossed, people. This lady is t-i-r-e-d.