Monday, March 5, 2012

Pick-me-ups!

In honor of Vickie's rough weekend...and my brain failing to come up with a funny and creative blog post...here are a few pick-me-ups for the week -

First, head over to Kate Spade and shop the sample sale for the next 48 hours (and no, the hubs don't need to know about this):



Next, forget trying to give up all refined and artificial sugar like masochistic me (I failed on day 3, BTW) and make these -


It is after all the 100th anniversary of Oreo and I had kind of forgotten how good they really are.  Even if my 10th grade biology teacher told us the "white stuff" has rat hair and other disgusting things in it.  Yes, she told us that.  Right after she made me stand in front of the class and discuss the reproductive cycle as punishment for talking to my neighbor.  Did I mention that this was 10th grade???  So you can imagine how much fun that was.  And how quickly I lived it down.  Yeah.  Anyway, here's the recipe -

Ingredients:
- 1 package of Oreos
- 1 block of cream cheese, softened
- 2 boxes of Baker's baking chocolate (or 2 bags of chocolate chips)

Directions:

Put Oreos into a food processor or a large ziploc bag and process/crush into crumbs.  Mix crushed Oreos with cream cheese.  Roll into balls.  Melt chocolate according to package directions.  Dip balls into melted chocolate and put onto wax paper to harden.  Chill in the refridgerator overnight.  Now try not to eat 10 a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment