Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Joining of the Babysitters Club

Be very impressed.

The hubs and I finally took the plunge. We did it - we hired a non-family babysitter for an afternoon over the weekend so that we could take part in the Hunger Games craze. It's only taken us 15 months to get to this point. Yes, T is our first and only child at this point - and we may both be slightly Type A personalities - how can you tell? But we recently decided that we were approaching ready.

A friend passed along the babysitters list from my alma mater sorority at the local university. We had a list like this when I was in college. Now, I was not on the sorority babysitters list in college because I was afraid to stay home alone, so staying home alone in strangers' homes while caring for their children was just not in the cards for me. Hey, I couldn't help it - I saw When a Stranger Calls at an elementary school sleepover party and was scarred for life. I kid you not. So since I wasn't on my college sorority's babysitters list, I figured that the girls who were on the list I was using had potential for actually wanting to sit.

No drama here. It was the right decision. In fact, it. Was. Awesome. At least, it appeared to be, since T ran to our front door as she was getting into her car to leave, cried and banged on it while trying to open it. Yes, he tried to follow her home. So while it didn't take him long to apparently chose a college girl over his own momma (no, this does not bode well for my future status), I'll still take it as a raving success.

Now, I know I shouldn't be getting too overly excited about this super duper amazing afternoon. After all, she has to like us too. And she still has to agree and want to come back again. But hopefully she does....Is every single weekend asking for too much?


This week, it was MY great idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment