Monday, August 13, 2012

And We're Off Again

Audrey and I are flying back east to visit my parents tomorrow.  Just the two of us.  This is turning into our annual pilgrimage since we made this exact trip last year on almost the exact same day.  I'm not quite filled with the same level of terror as I was last year, that being my first solo plane ride with Audrey, but I probably should be.  Last year she was still crawling and I could keep an eye on her more easily.  This year I'm taking a chance, foregoing the stroller and basically hoping I can scare her into staying by my side.  I am ambitiously trying to carry this onto the plane AFTER checking our suitcases:



If anyone knows how to bring snacks, drinks, diapers, wipes, toys, a laptop and iPad along without carrying this much crap on-board, I'm all ears.  My *hope* is that Audrey will wear her backpack but after putting it on her tonight to practice she a) almost toppled over and b) started crying that it was "too tight."  Sometimes I forget that she barely weighs 25 pounds.  Oops.  I guess that means I'll be sporting the ice cream backpack, my 2 other bags and probably carrying Audrey in my arms.  Awesome.  At least I can skip the gym, right?  The good news is that as soon as we land the grandparents will take over and I can pass out in the car while they spoil her rotten.  And it will be a veritable frozen tundra compared to Texas.  Maybe I'll even get to dust off my jeans. 

Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Thinking about you! That ice cream backpack will look good on you :)

    ReplyDelete