Thursday, August 2, 2012

Outfit of the day

I love when people post their outfits on their blogs and I'm lacking inspiration for a good blog post this week so I'm going to be lame and copy them.  I'm also not sold on this outfit because I just don't know what to wear with colored denim.  I had a moment of insanity a few months back and bought into the skinny colored jean trend.  Only problem is every time I wear these jeans I look in the mirror and think THIGHS.  But tonight I went out on a "mom date" - by that I mean dinner with another mom, sans kids - and wanted to dress up a bit despite the fact that it's 107 degrees outside.  So here's what I came up with:


From top to bottom:

Earrings: Chinatown, NYC (miss that place)
Watch: Last Call Neiman Marcus
Top: Tracy Reese for Anthropologie
Jeans: J Brand (Bloomies)
Shoes: Coach (Marshall's)

My mom friend showed up in a pink silk dress so I was kinda slumming it by comparison but the only little black dress I own is maternity, although yes, I still wear it (sad).   What do you guys wear on "mom dates?"  Shorts feels too casual but pants are just so hot...and I can't find a cute maxi dress to save my life.  Do they exist???  If so, please tell me where.  And if you aren't going out on "mom dates," you should.  I had 2 glasses of wine, some really good Lebanese food, and 2 hours of uninterrupted conversation.

IT.WAS.AWESOME.

1 comment:

  1. I have checked out the wish list of dresses. How great the pink dresses are!!Plus the price point is just amazing. I also like to use pink dress and shoes,Jeans,Top,Watch,for fashion. Lovely dresses and fashion for summer. Thanks for such a important post.

    ReplyDelete